How to Be a Great Husband
One of the things I love most about being The Relationship Specialist is that I get to empower relationships. I particularly love to teach men how to be their best so that their women totally adore them. Most husbands fall into the good or poor categories. They aren’t very happy with themselves and their wives don’t like them very much either. Great husbands are few and far between.
However, great husbands are much happier and they enjoy a richer degree of life. So, what is the difference? Here are some of the essential principles for becoming a great husband:
- Listen To Her Feelings. You might not understand or agree but listen. Most men argue or get frustrated. A great husband conveys unconditional support to his wife. He makes it safe for her to share all sides of herself. A wife who can freely express herself will not only feel safe but a great husband will make her feel special as well.
- Spend Time With Her. Let your actions clearly show that your wife is your greatest priority. She needs to know that she is special to you. Most men choose sports, T.V. , hunting or fishing. You can have these things but if your wife doesn’t know she comes first in your life then she may resent your other pursuits.
- Be Her Champion. Your wife needs to feel your strength and security. “I’m here for you” is the point you want to make. Despite other messages she may give you, women hate having to be in charge all of the time. Convey to your wife that your love for her is powerful and totally unconditional. Don’t let your message be weakened based on her moods or behavior. Great husbands stand by their wives no matter what.
- Let Her Know That You Are Captivated By Her Beauty. Great husbands let their wives know that they only have eyes for her. You dilute the strength of your marriage when you let your eyes drift towards other women. How is she ever going to feel safe if she feels threatened by other women all of the time? Devote yourself to her. Don’t split your energy. Pour it all into her.
- Being a Great Husband is not hard to do. It will take more of an effort but the rewards are enormous. You will feel so much better about yourself and your wife will go out of her way to fulfill the needs of your heart. Make an absolute commitment to be a Great Husband. In times of uncertainty or frustration, ask the question, “What would a Great Husband do?” This question will help you keep your direction and commitment. Strive to be great.
Leave a Comment