Most of us know all about random acts of kindness, and have probably done a few during our lifetime.
Maybe you gave someone the extra change they needed at the convenience store, or let a tired mother ahead of you in line at the grocery store.
Random acts of kindness make others feel good, and that – in turn – makes us feel good. Random Acts of Affection work in the same way. It’s win-win.
A Random Act of Affection is being spontaneously affectionate towards your partner… for no reason.
Why should cuddling and kissing be limited to certain situations, such as sex or while watching Netflix?
Maybe some of you reading this are in a new relationship and still in the “Can’t keep your hands off each other” phase.
Well, when all the newness dies down there is really no excuse for no longer being affectionate with your love on a regular basis. How much time does it take to kiss your sweetheart on the back of the neck while they are cooking supper, for example?
Your sweetie will love receiving your Random Acts of Affection, it may even inspire them to start sending some your way.
When you are affectionate with your partner on a regular basis you are setting the overall tone of your relationship to be more positive and intimate. Instead of time making you more and more like two roommates, Random Acts of Affection help insure that you will always be two lovers.
Below are some excellent Random Acts of Affection you can try on your love. These are especially potent, and all the more important if their love language is physical touch.
Random Acts of Affection for Couples
- Hug your partner from behind while they’re brushing their teeth, washing the dishes or making supper.
- Take your partner’s hand while walking together.
- Play slow music and ask your spouse to dance.
- While your love is seated, walk by and stop to kiss him or her on the forehead.
- Share a full mouth kiss with your love as soon as you walk in the door and whenever you leave.
- Sneak up on your love and nuzzle your face in their hair or neck.
- Run fingers through your love’s hair, or rest your hand on his/her back while waiting in a long line up.
- Reach across the table and take her hand for a moment during dinner.
- Rest your head on his chest while watching a movie.
- Hold hands while driving together.
- Soothingly rub your love’s leg while sitting beside him or her.
- Place your hand on the small of her back while walking.
- Enthusiastically hug her from the side and plant a kiss on her cheek for no reason.
- Caress your partner’s face or arms while talking.
- Invade your partner’s side of the bed for some cuddling tonight before falling asleep.
- Offer to brush her hair.
- Offer to shave his face.
- Touch your partner in some way every time you walk by them. It could be a hand brushing across the shoulder or back, grasping their hand then letting it slide away, tussling their hair or a quick kiss.
- Cuddle up to your love while they are watching TV.
- Watch your love while they are reading or otherwise engaged in concentration, when they look up and make eye contact smile and say “I love you”, or “You are so beautiful”.
- When she puts on a new outfit that you like be sure to admire her with your eyes. Say “Wow”, then take her hand and twirl her around playfully. Finish it off with a kiss.
- Gather her up in your arms and hug for no reason other than you because love her so much.
- Give him a back scratch, he’ll love you for it.
- Offer to give her a shoulder rub after work and ask her to tell you about her day.
- Give them a foot rub watching a movie on the couch.