Speed Dating: Questions to Ask
You’re excited because you’ve decided to give speed dating a try. It has become a popular alternative to bar hopping and Internet dating sites so you want to see if it is something that can work for you. You already know when the event is and what you’re going to wear, but you have no idea what you are going to say to your several speed dates! Here are a number of ideas to get the information you want out of potential candidates.
First of all, it’s okay to be charged up about this experience, but try not to go in with any expectations. You might not meet “the one” on your first try, but you are more likely to enjoy yourself during this process.
Smile, be polite and keep your dating card out of site. Everyone knows why you’re there, but it doesn’t conjure up confidence from your “date” if they see a dozen names listed on your card.
Have a list of questions prepared that relate to what’s important to you in a relationship. Try to come up with several thoughts for variety and to get an idea what works for you when you chat. Sometimes the right question can cause a person to react in a way that speaks louder than any words.
Here are a few question ideas to get you going:
- Where are you from?
- Do you follow politics? Do you consider yourself a Republican, Democrat or affiliated with another party?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- If you had three wishes, what would they be in order of importance?
- What is your most treasured possession and why?
- What is your favorite season of the year and why?
- Do you believe in reincarnation?
- What is the last book you read?
- What is the one thing you would most like me to know about you?
- What are you looking for in a relationship?
- When was your last relationship and how long did it last?
- What do you think is the most important value in a relationship?
- If you could be successful at any job in the world, what would that job be?
- What is your favorite type of music and who is your favorite musician/band?
- If you could have lunch with any person, living or deceased, who would it be and why?
- Do you like animals and/or have pets?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Have you ever been married?
- Are you religious?
- What kind of work do you do?
These questions are simply a list of ideas to help you get a notion of what you might find important while you are on your dates. Remember that you only have a few minutes to speak with the person you are with and will only have time to ask a few questions. Make your own list, relax and best of luck to you on your dates!