Anticipate Her Needs
I remember being on a dinner date, after the waitress had brought the food and left I noticed that she had forgot to bring the extra sauce I had asked for. It was no big deal but I did make a comment mostly to myself: “oh, she forgot the extra sauce”. My date heard me and without being asked he asked the waitress for more when she walked by. I was sooo impressed. I really felt taken care of, and closer to him.
A couple can also anticipate each other’s needs to help keep the romantic feelings and intimacy alive. A married couple has an advantage because the longer you have been with someone the easier it will be for you to anticipate her needs. For example, a man who knows that his wife prefers to drink water will be able to ask for a glass of water on her behalf at a social gathering.
Here are some examples of situations where the man is anticipating the woman’s needs:
- They are sitting at home watching a movie, she is drinking coke, and he is drinking water. When her glass is almost empty, without being asked, he goes to the kitchen and refills her drink.
- She has a bit of a cold so he grabs a box of tissues for the car on their way out the door.
- She is sick, he offers to make her soup without being asked.
- They are eating at a fast food restaurant and she has salad. While she is putting the salad dressing on the salad she starts to run out so he goes to the cash and brings her back more salad dressing (without being asked).
- She is carrying something heavy and he holds the door for her.
- She was up late the night before, so he brings her breakfast in bed.
In all these situations the woman is needing something, or will be needing something, and her boyfriend/husband helps without being asked. Because he knows her so well he knows what she likes and what she needs and he gives it to her without being asked. It really is a wonderful feeling when you get the point of knowing someone so well that you can do this…try it!
Leave a Comment