9 Steps to Approaching Someone
How many times have you been somewhere and seen someone interesting, but haven’t had the foggiest idea how to meet that person? Well, here is exactly what to do and say to be able to meet whomever you want to meet.
1. Feel confident and good about yourself – Before you approach someone, concentrate on something you feel good about.
2. Make eye contact – Hold their glance for longer than a second.
3. Smile – Smiling is just as important as making eye contact.
4. Be aware of you body language – Make sure you have good posture.
5. Introduce yourself – Say “hello” and tell the person your name and a give firm handshake.
6. Courtesy – Open a door, pull up a chair, offer to get something for them.
7. Take a friend where you go – Sometimes a friend might strike up a conversation easier with the person you’re interested in than you.
8. Dance – Asking them to dance is a great way to let someone know that you find them attractive.
9. Buy a person a drink – Whether or not the person responds to the fact that you bought them the drink, walk over and introduce yourself anyway. Even if you don’t feel confident, want to smile, sit up straight, or introduce yourself, PRETEND like you do, and DO IT ANYWAY!