6 Signs You May be Heading for a Breakup
- She’s no longer interested in sex, or worse, she’s recently learned some new tricksA dramatic change in sexual behavior can mean two things: Either your sweetie is trying to avoid any situation where she might have to express emotion or attachment to you, or she’s getting it somewhere else. Old dogs only learn new tricks if someone is teaching them.
- This isn’t about Toilet Paper! This is about Life!If he’s picking silly fights, or there’s an unusual increase in emotional distance, you’ve got bad news. If your guy or girl is picking stupid fights all the time, they may be trying to get you to make the first move.
- He says, “I need some space” or “I think we should see other people.”By telling you he wants to see other people, he’s not technically breaking up with you (so no big crying scene to endure) but he’s given himself a way out. Of course, the second he gets a little distance, he’s going to make a run for it.
- She gives you that little pat on the back.Watch out for this one. A person who gives you a hug while patting you on the back is indicating that they are uncomfortable with what they’re doing. The bigger the pat, the more discomfort they feel. Could be the kiss in front of Aunt Mildred. Could be garlic breath. Could be you.
- She buys a pre-paid cell phone or pager.This is a really bad sign. Private investigators everywhere will tell you the pager purchase is a sign of impending heartbreak. Sure, it could be for work, but more likely, she’s using it to get a head start on her post-you life.
- He used to be a blue jeans kind of guy, and suddenly he’s obsessed with Armani.A person who is about to leave (or is cheating) will take greater care with his or appearance – updating his wardrobe, losing weight, working out and even changing cologne.
The good new is that if you make through to Valentine’s Day, you’re on the road to a long-term relationship. And if you don’t? Well, just consider yourself lucky: you’ll have lots of company.
So, wipe away those tears, update your profile, and start your own mission to find true love. This could be your year.